Duh...the social web...It's getting clearer and clearer all the time.
I hate to admit it but, until I read this chapter, I didn't get the "social" part of diigo or del.icio.us. When I signed up for that diigo account a few weeks ago, my thought was, "Great! Finally a way to organize all these bookmarks and be able to make notes to myself about each of them." I didn't get the whole idea of tapping into what everyone else is looking at and collaborating with others on finding the best information that is out there.
I can see so many personal applications for these social bookmarking programs. As I read this book, I keep coming up with ideas that I need to bring up to my administrator. As part of this blog, does anyone have advice on how to be a leader in getting some of these Web 2.0 tools to be used in the school more?
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See the end of each chapter in Warlick. I think he has great starter points, as he describes the roles of the learning community.
ReplyDeleteAlso, if you model using the resources, that creates interest and possible connections.